Questions and fears have surfaced from communities of color since President Trump assumed office, and CLLARO is responding to the needs of its community members by offering this toolkit to protect Colorado residents from becoming the victims of hate-based discrimination and/or violence. The following resources will help you understand your rights as a resident of the United States.
This page offers resources for educators & parents, immigrants & citizens, and other victims responding to incidents of unlawful discrimination.
ORIGINAL CLLARO RESEARCH
Click on one of the buttons below to access our in-depth research documentation outlining the local impact of new national policies being implemented by Presidential Executive Order.
Open Source Presentation: Know Your Rights – How To Be An Ally: Standing with Colorado Immigrant Communities
Connect with resources provided by CLLARO and our Local and National Partners:
FOR ALL COLORADO CITIZENS
#ExposeHate Report any incident of discrimination to the Anti-Defamation League
- Responding to Hate: Information and Resources (Anti-Defamation League, 2016) – This guide outlines legal rights and appropriate action for citizens responding to hate crimes. Victims and allies will learn how to protect themselves and others from escalated acts of discrimination.
- También disponible en español: Para Responder al Odio: Información y Recursos
- You can also call the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) directly and report any incident of anti-Latino or anti-immigrant discrimination
CALL: (210) 224-5476
FOR COLORADO IMMIGRANTS |
PARA INMIGRANTES EN COLORADO
- Immigrants’ Rights Under a Trump Presidency: FAQs for Students, Educators & Social Service Providers (MALDEF, 2017)
- También disponible en español: Derechos de Inmigrantes Bajo la Presidencia de Trump: Preguntas Más Frecuentes para Estudiantes, Educadores & Proveedores de Servicios Sociales